Who We Are
ASAP is a professional recruiting company that specializes in the fields of engineering, plant operation, maintenance, IT, program/project and business management.
ASAP is the expert solution for companies seeking a skilled contract/contingent workforce. Our expertise, market knowledge and recruitment proficiencies make us a cost-effective source for providing companies seeking highly skilled Financial, IT, Engineers and Technicians to fill contract, temp-to-perm, and direct hire opportunities.
ASAP was founded in 2011 by Mr. Richard Barnes, President and CEO, and Mr. Lynn Smith, Principal, to provide payrolling, recruiting and onboarding support for Duke Energy and Progress Energy’s contract/contingent workforce.
ASAP is a certified Minority-Owned Business by the State of North Carolina. ASAP is a certified Minority Business Enterprise by the Carolinas-Virginia Minority Supplier Development Council (CVMSDC). ASAP is a certified Service Disabled Veteran Disability-Owned Business Enterprise (SDV-DOBE) by the Disability:IN (formerly doing business as US Business Leadership Network).
What We Do
ASAP is the bridge between companies with skilled contract labor needs and the people who have the expertise to fill those gaps. Because we maintain an extensive database of highly qualified Financial, IT, Engineers and Technicians across a wide array of disciplines, ASAP’s clients enjoy complete confidence knowing that whenever the need arises, they can look to us to provide the quality engineering and technical employees they demand.
ASAP partners with our clients to provide onboarding, payroll, benefits and offboarding services, as well as recruiting for highly qualified Financial, IT, Engineers and Technicians seeking contract or temporary positions. In addition, we offer these workers a range of benefits – from payroll tax payments to optional insurance plans – that are typically not available to independent contractors.
ASAP helps you reduce administrative costs. Your payroll tax savings alone, will most often outweigh our fees. Plus, think of the hidden cost savings of a reduced risk profile, and the decreased administrative requirement of engaging, onboarding, and paying contractors.
ASAP focuses on client and employee relationships, success and satisfaction. We believe that connecting the right candidate with each position is essential to client and employee relationships. Our service team is trained on developing responsive communication with each employee and employer to continue to provide satisfying employment solutions.
ASAP offers the following staffing services at an extremely competitive rate:
- Pay-rolled – W2 ASAP Employee (Client Directed Contingent Worker Hire)
- Staff Augmentation – W2 ASAP Employee (Recruited Contingent Worker)
- Placement – Recruited for Client Direct Employee Hire
ASAP’s philosophy and practice are to hire only W2 employees. We do not contract with 1099 contingent workers.
We are Minority and Service Disabled Veteran (Purple Heart Decorated) Owned Business Enterprise. We focus on hiring veterans.
What We Offer
- We’ve been in your shoes and understand your challenges. Our leadership team has > 100 years of experience in the Power, Energy and Commercial Markets managing engineering, projects, technical HR and business functions.
- We offer payment and volume discounts.
- We assign a Single Point of Contact for each client site.
- We offer a rapid on-boarding, accurate time capture and efficient resource management process.
- We have 300+ employees working at one of the nation’s largest utilities and other energy clients.
- We have experienced and dedicated account executives and recruiting professionals that are sector experts, operating within specialized labor categories working collaboratively to deliver customers the very best resources and service in the market today.
- We offer a cost-effective solution to enable client success by supplying workers/retirees/interns/past/internally-sourced resources who are familiar with their organization.
- We focus on partnerships and exceeding our clients’ expectations leading to 100% repeat business
- We exemplify/foster inclusion with our employees, our employees are our most important assets and are treated as such.
- We have received recognition and commendations from our clients and our industry, recognized as One of 2017’s Best Place to Work by Charlotte Business Journal
- We are actively involved in industry associations and stewards in our communities